If you will be participating in the phase 1 testing, you must read every word of this slowly and carefully.
Beta Phase 1 Key Distribution
Your keys will be emailed to the email associated with your PayPal and/or Kickstarter accounts. No exceptions. This is the only way we can assure that the account that paid for the key gets the key. If you are supposed to get more than one key they will ALL be included in a single email. Please check your spam, promotion, etc folders before contacting us.
These key emails will be sent in waves starting at 7pm CDT, so if someone else gets an email before you that is 100% expected. Please be patient. They will all be sent out using Mailchimp.
All keys should be delivered by 8PM CDT - Please wait until 9PM CDT before contacting us if the keys don't deliver on time.
What Beta Is
As all of you know, beta phase 1 is a big milestone in our game’s development and is vital for receiving feedback and shaping our game. In hindsight it was probably a mistake for us to label these testing phases as beta(s). These days, betas are generally complete games that are used for marketing purposes and player feedback almost never makes it into release.
That isn’t the way we want this testing to be. We believe we are still a decent amount away from release. Dedicated servers have been the central pillar of our time spent which has taken away from other content development, but we believe it will be worth it in the end. As we have detailed previously, in our discord, we have multiple beta phases scheduled which will allow us to implement feedback and bug fixes from the previous testing phases.
No Content Creation & Recording
No Using 3rd Party Software to exploit the game (cheats / hacks) - Even if you are doing this to help us identify exploits
- Phone survivors remaining does not always display correctly.
- Phone admin death messages may not send or display properly. - If phone messages are spammed scroll wheel may become confused.
- May get stuck on a fuse box when they go into standby mode. - Hideables & their animations can be janky. - General server/connection/lobby issues are to be expected during this testing. - We'll be testing the maximum number of games allowed on a server at one time so pings could fluctuate (You can check your ping by looking at your phone). - Crow controls are very WIP and crow player visibility can be brutal during Last Man Standing mode. - Can't see your legs. - Many I'm sure you'll find and report here: https://vecfour-digital.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360018400872
- The servers will go live at 8pm CDT: https://time.is/CDT
- You will not be able to play the game until then. If you have the game open at 7:59pm CDT and the clock hits 8pm CDT you will be unable to play the game. You will need to restart the game.
- If you launch the game and are greeted with a screen telling you that an 'Update Is Required' then you should restart Steam to get that update and/or check our discord listed below in case we had to take down the servers temporarily.
- Bug reports are the most valuable thing you can give us to make this game better. Please submit ALL of your Bug Reports here: https://vecfour-digital.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360018400872
- We will have a discord channel to discuss the game and give feedback but all bug reports must be submitted to the link above.
- Join our http://discord.gg/HideOrDie to get all of the latest announcements. This will also include any announcements of any server issues and maintenance.
- The best way to contact us with problems is here: https://vecfour-digital.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
- Our twitter will also update with important announcements (including server downtime) during the testing period: https://twitter.com/hideordiegame
If you spam our discord with key requests, "I didn't get my key yet", or other spammy behavior you will be kicked on the first offense and banned on the second. If you do not get your key by 9pm CDT then please contact us here: https://vecfour-digital.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new